This is the post summary. This post shows elements that can you can choose to display or omit within your own lists (ie - thumbnail, categories, author, date, etc).
CAIS Middle School Student Leadership Conference
This program is now full. Please email Jo-Anne Kingstone at email@example.com with any questions or to join the waitlist.
Join Us for the 2023-2024 Middle School Leadership Program!
Leadership Advisors and student leaders are invited to the CAIS Middle School Student Leadership Conference from May 7-10, in Winnipeg, Manitoba. This event, hosted by St. John's-Ravenscourt School, Gray Academy of Jewish Education, and Balmoral Hall, promises to be an enriching experience for all participants.
The 2024 CAIS Middle School Leadership Conference is designed to:
- Build students’ knowledge and understanding of themselves as leaders
- Develop an awareness of national perspectives and histories that influence leadership in the world today.
- Help student leaders collaborate effectively to turn ideas into action.
- Forge meaningful connections with fellow student leaders from across the country.
The Conference will explore the theme of “Connecting Perspectives''. This unique national opportunity for Middle School students is packed with experiences, with highlights including a tour of the Canadian Museum for Human Rights, a workshop on being an upstander, and programming on discovering your leadership style with Captains & Poets.
For Leadership Advisors and Chaperones, this conference also offers valuable opportunities to connect and network with fellow educators dedicated to supporting Middle School student leaders in CAIS Schools.
How to Participate?
Leadership Advisors are invited to select four students from Grades 6 to 8.
Participating schools typically send four students and two advisors to the Conference. While it is recommended that two advisors attend, participating schools may send one advisor if this is consistent with their school's practice and policies.
If there is availability for additional students, Leadership Advisors will be notified and given the opportunity to add students.
As part of the three-day conference, Student Leaders may be participating in activities including:
- Large and small group discussions
- Team-building exercises (low risk, on school campus)
- Captains & Poets Workshop
- Canadian Human Rights Museum Tour
- Be an Upstander Workshop
- Exploring The Forks
- And so much more…
Upon completing the registration form, each school will be billed $1,450 which includes the cost for the four students plus a maximum of two chaperones.
Conference fees include: Program activities, all meals, event swag, and daily ground transportation from hotel to and from host schools.
- Hotel Accommodation
- Air/land transportation from home school to Winnipeg and the airport transport to and from the Hotel
- Any additional tour or activities beyond the scope of the conference is up to the participating school to plan.
Generously supported by The Asper Foundation