The 2019 National Leaders Post Conference Call for Workshop Proposals are open until December 7. Apply here.
“CAIS schools foster fitness through opportunities to participate in sports and physical activities.” (effective practice 2.6)
Welcome to CAIS Athletics,
CAIS member schools have been competing in our annual National tournaments for over 30 years. In that time, the number of events have grown, policies and procedures have changed and wonderful memories created for both students and coaches. These tournaments provide our student-athletes with opportunities to travel with their team(s), compete with students from across our nation and experience a taste of life in another part of the country be it through billeting with a host family or visiting a new hotel in a new city. The goals of these events are:
- To provide a wide range of superior athletic experiences for students at CAIS Schools.
- To enable young students-athletes to travel to different parts of Canada and meet, compete and sometimes live with other young Canadians.
- To foster the development of friendly relationships and healthy rivalries between CAIS schools, their coaches, and their players.
- To provide opportunities for coaches to grow and learn from their CAIS colleagues.
There are now nine national tournaments each school year:
- U-13 Boys Soccer, U-15 Girls Soccer, Senior Boys Soccer and Senior Girls Soccer, are held in September and October.
- Senior Boys and Senior Girls Basketball takes place in November
- U-13 boys Basketball takes place in February
- Senior Girls and Boys Rugby is held in April
If you are interested in participating in or hosting any of the tournaments, a letter of application must be submitted by the coaches meeting of each tournament. If you are interested in joining a tournament or have any questions please send me an email to Ken Zelez, firstname.lastname@example.org
As the CAIS Executive Team, we are here to help schools run their tournaments. A member of the CAIS Athletic Directors Executive (ADEX) will be in contact with every school to help wit the planning process of their CAIS tournament.We look forward to another year of memorable tournaments.
New this year, the ADEX will have an integral role in being part of the 2019 National Leaders Conference at the Delta Hotel Toronto Airport & Conference Centre in Toronto from April 7-9, 2019. CAIS Athletic Directors will be invited to the conference and take part in specific Athletic Director professional development opportunities.We are very excited to have this opportunity and hope all Athletic Directors can plan ahead and attend the conference.The ADEX will also be working closely with Canadian Interscholastic Athletic Directors Administrators Association (CIAAA) offering and promoting other professional development opportunities as well.
Director of Athletics, Strathcona-Tweedsmuir School
Student safety is a priority for CAIS. This policy is intended to ensure that CAIS Member schools follow a consistently rigorous process when billeting students as part of a CAIS event for students.
In order to participate in a CAIS student activity, a school must demonstrate a thorough process to identify and communicate risks associated with participation in an event.
CAIS requires that schools complete the Memorandum of Understanding between the host and participating schools. CAIS will make the Memorandum of Understanding available to all host schools. CAIS reserves the right to require that police checks be conducted in respect of any persons involved in billeting students.