This is the post summary. This post shows elements that can you can choose to display or omit within your own lists (ie - thumbnail, categories, author, date, etc).
The CAIS School Innovation Grant Program (SIG) supports the creation of knowledge within the CAIS network
CAIS invites applications from individuals in CAIS Schools focused on innovative projects in their schools. A committee of educational and operational leaders in CAIS schools will mentor the new research cohort and guide them through their research over the 2023-2024 school year.
The application due date is October 30, 2023. Multiple applications from a single school are acceptable.
Key program features:
- Grants for internal school research
- Mentoring by CAIS School leaders
- Webinar series for sharing research outcomes
- Possible presentation opportunities at CAIS National Leadership Conferences
- Option to gain a Leadership Institute (LI) Diploma credit after completion of program
Concurrent with the new cohort of researchers will be the continued work of grant recipients from the 2022-2023 school year. This cohort will share their research process from last year, outcomes and plans for implementation with the CAIS Community through an interactive webinar series over the course of the year. This cohort will also mentor the new cohort through both the application and research process.
2022-2023 webinar series (COHORT 1)
The CAIS School Innovation Grants (SIG) Webinar Series featured researchers from CAIS Schools in Cohort 1 who completed their research in the 2021-2022 School Year. Researchers explained their research process and outcomes, discussed how this innovation has affected their practice/school and share best practices. Following the presentation, questions and dialogue were encouraged from webinar participants.
COHORt 1 research projects
- Tom Harding (West Point Grey Academy) - Turning Down the Heat on Eco-Anxiety
- Lindsay Springer and Rachel Harris (Paul Penna Downtown Jewish Day School) - Addressing Post-Pandemic Lagging Literacy Skills through a new Tier 2 in School Intervention
- Valerie McClements (Rundle College) - ReImagine Our Classroom Space
- Caroline Bouchard (The Priory School) - Harmonizing Reading Evaluation Tools
- Alanna Wellwood (Strathcona-Tweedsmuir School) - The Third Teacher 2.0
COHORt 2 research projects
- Drew Gulyas, Sterling Hall School: Reading the world with math
- Mike Harding, Trinity College School: Cultivating Resilience
- John Wolf, Danna Euverman, Rundle Studio (Rundle College): Innovative Student Ownership of Metadata
For complete details on the CAIS School Innovation Grants program visit the CAIS School Innovation Grants page in the member portal CAIS Connect.