The 2019 National Leaders Post Conference Call for Workshop Proposals are open until December 7. Apply here.
CAIS School Innovation Grant
The CAIS Vision is to be the standard of excellence in learning and leadership, shaping the future of education. CAIS supports continuous whole school improvement by providing funding to schools that wish to take part in relevant research. The purpose of the CAIS School Innovation Grant (SIG) is aligned to the CAIS Strategic Plan, and designed to build school-based research capacity across CAIS schools through the administration and support of the CAIS School Innovation Grant Program.
We invite proposals for research projects that inspire and support school improvement. Successful applicants should be prepared to commence their research following an information meeting in January 2020. Research projects must be designed for completion no later than January 2021, and presentations will be scheduled during the 2021-2022 school year.
Researchers will be supported through the process by members of the SIG Committee. There is no requirement for prior research experience, but projects will be subject to an approval process that assures use of an acceptable research design and methodology, and the application of professional research standards. Joint proposals from more than one CAIS school are welcome.
The Grant is for $2,000, and it is paid directly to the school ($1,000 per year for each of the two years).
Paul Penna Downtown Jewish Day School
Head of Libraries & Research / Head of Grade 9
Vice Principal, Teaching & Learning
Director of Senior School
York House School
Jennifer (Jenny) Wright
Deputy Head, Academic
St. John’s-Ravencourt School
Research and Communications Coordinator
- Particular topics and areas of interest may include, but are not limited to, the broad areas outlined below:
Research groups will:
- Meet regularly with their committee mentor(s) to discuss ongoing progress
- Update their school leadership on the progress of the research
- Collaborate with other members of the school community as appropriate
- Present research to own school community in the form of a report and/or professional development workshop and a written report to The Board of Governors
- Present research to the CAIS Leadership at an appropriate CAIS Conference or Webinar
- Prepare a report for publication on the CAIS website
- Continue to act upon and support other faculty and staff in implementing findings from the research in the years that follow the grant
View Grant Recipients' Findings: