The 2019 National Leaders Post Conference Call for Workshop Proposals are open until December 7. Apply here.
CAIS School Innovation Grant
The CAIS Vision is to be the standard of excellence in learning and leadership, shaping the future of education. CAIS supports continuous whole school improvement by providing funding to schools that wish to take part in relevant research. The purpose of the CAIS School Innovation Grant (SIG) is aligned to the CAIS Strategic Plan, and designed to build school-based research capacity across CAIS schools through the administration and support of the CAIS School Innovation Grant Program.
We invite proposals for research projects that inspire and support school improvement. Successful applicants should be prepared to commence their research following an information meeting scheduled for January, 14 2019. Research projects must be designed for completion no later than September 2020, and presentations will be scheduled during the 2020-2021 school year.
Researchers will be supported through the process by members of the SIG Committee. There is no requirement for prior research experience, but projects will be subject to an approval process that assures use of an acceptable research design and methodology, and the application of professional research standards. Joint proposals from more than one CAIS school are welcome.
Deadline for Submission
Proposals will be submitted to the CAIS School Innovation Grant Committee by the first school day in November of each year.
The 2018 CAIS School Innovation Grant - Call for Proposal - is closed.
Recipients will be notified by email by December 14, 2018.
Leanne Foster (Chair)
Head of School
Trafalgar Castle School
All Girls / Ontario
Head of Libraries & Research / Head of Grade 9
All Boys / Ontario
Vice Principal, Teaching & Learning
All Girls / Ontario
Director of Senior School
York House School
All Girls / British Columbia
James (Jaime) McMillan
Director of Advancement
Selwyn House School
All Boys / Quebec
Jennifer (Jenny) Wright
Deputy Head, Academic
St. John’s-Ravencourt School
Co-Ed / Manitoba
Research and Communications Coordinator
- Particular topics and areas of interest may include, but are not limited to, the broad areas outlined below:
- September 17, 2018 – Information is released to CAIS Schools
- November 1, 2018 – Grant applications are due
- December 14, 2018 – Grants are awarded / Recipients are notified by email
- Dates for 2019 and 2020 to be confirmed
- January 14, 2019– First meeting of Grant recipients and Granting Committee.
- January 2019 – June 2019 Literature Review and Research project refinement and mentor meetings
- May 2019 – Follow up meeting of Grant recipients and Granting Committee
- September 2019 – March 2020 School Research phase
- March 2020 – Meeting of Grant recipients and Granting Committee
- March 2020 - September 2020 – Report completion
- Presentation of Research will take place during the 2020-2021 school year (Venue and format TBC)
Research groups will:
- Meet regularly with their committee mentor(s) to discuss ongoing progress
- Update their school leadership on the progress of the research
- Collaborate with other members of the school community as appropriate
- Present research to own school community in the form of a report and/or professional development workshop and a written report to The Board of Governors
- Present research to the CAIS Leadership at an appropriate CAIS Conference or Webinar
- Prepare a report for publication on the CAIS website
- Continue to act upon and support other faculty and staff in implementing findings from the research in the years that follow the grant
View Grant Recipients' Findings: