The 2019 National Leaders Post Conference Call for Workshop Proposals are open until December 7. Apply here.
Login to view CAIS member Governance Resources
CAIS Governance Guide
CAIS values the constant and deliberate quest for excellence, and we recognize the vital leadership role that governors play, in partnership with Heads, in the success of our schools. We want all of our schools to have strong Heads who focus on supporting the students of the present, but we also want strong Boards that focus on supporting the students of the future.
Heads in Transition
- CAIS Governance Guide Sample HR Oversight Questions - (CAIS member login required- located under Governance)
- Notes from the NAIS 2016 Conference Leadership Transition session - (CAIS member login required- located under Governance)
- The Big Transition - NAIS
- Head Transition/Entry Plans: Risks and Opportunities - Littleford and Associates
- What's Next - Wickenden Associates
- Succession - SAIS Heads of School in their own words
- Head Searched: principles of Good Practices, NAIS, 2012.
- CAIS Webinar: (CAIS member login required - under Governance Series)
- Civil Action Against Private Schools, CAIS (2016).
- Responding to Allegations of Sexual Misconduct, CAIS (2016).
- Respecting the Rights of Transgender Students, CAIS (2016).
- An Update on Human Resources in an Independent School Context, CAIS (2016).
GUIDELINES, PROCEDURES & Best Practices
- Governance - Board Training and Development - AISNSW
- A Guide to Effective School Governance - ISASA
- The Board/Head Partnership, NAIS, 2013.
- Don't go Near the Water, ISACS, 2016.
- Strategic Process, ISACS, 2014.
- Why Independent Schools Should Utilize Benchmarking, NAIS, 2015.
- Heads and Boards Working in Partnership: 2012-13 NAIS Governance Study (NAIS member login required).
- Principles of Good Practices: Board of Trustees, NAIS, 2012.