This is the post summary. This post shows elements that can you can choose to display or omit within your own lists (ie - thumbnail, categories, author, date, etc).
Independent School Leadership Diploma Program
Supporting the learning and development of independent school leaders is a strategic priority for CAIS that supports school improvement and innovation. Recent CAIS research indicates a growing need for motivated, diverse, and expert leadership. The Leadership Praxis, a framework of knowledge and competencies needed to be a successful independent school leader, reflects the Indicators of Effective Practice highlighted in the 2021 CAIS Accreditation Standards. The Praxis has guided the structure of the Leadership Institute, ensuring that it is intentional, comprehensive and organized to meet the needs of aspiring leaders.
- All modules have 10 hours of programming.
- Informal network times are built into the synchronous schedule time.
- Modules are open to faculty and staff from CAIS and non-CAIS schools.
- Participants who complete 10 modules in the CAIS Diploma Program will earn the CAIS Diploma in Independent School Leadership. Please note that completion of the CAIS Foundations for School Leadership Program: Designing a Practice is a required pre-requisite for new participants.
- Typical capacity for modules is 20-25 participants and depends upon each module.
- For further information see CAIS Leadership Institute FAQ’s or contact Catherine McCauley, Director of Professional Learning, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The overarching goals are to:
- Establish a foundation of leadership knowledge and skills across three areas of school leadership (Education Program, School Operations and Strategies and Structures) that takes into account the participants’ personal interests and professional experience.
- Cultivate and integrate a pluralistic lens or mindset within the educational setting and beyond.
- Develop a network of professional colleagues.
WINTER (LI) Modules - VIRTUAL
Modules Offered: Staff & Faculty Culture; Risk Management; Admission/Enrolment Management
Dates: January 30-31, February 1, 2024
SPRING (LI) Modules - VIRTUAL
Modules Offered: Governance; Mental Health First Aid Supporting Youth, Risk Management
Dates: April 9, 10, 11, 2024
SPRING (LI) Modules - (IN PERSON)
Modules Offered: Pluralism, Education Program Foundation, Finance, Human Resources
Note: The CAIS Child Protection Workshop will be offered at this LI
Dates: April 12-13, 2024
Location: York House School, Vancouver, BC
SUMMER (LI) Modules - IN Person
Modules Offered: TBA
Dates: July 2-6, 2024
Location: Selwyn House School, Montreal, QC