CAIS members can view up to date COVID-19 resources and school samples here.
ABOUT THE CONFERENCE
This fall, the 2022 Heads & Chairs Conference, Recognition, Restoration, et Renouer avec des amis will bring school leaders back together again to explore the issues, challenges and opportunities that lie ahead, including:
- Recognition of the impact of the social, economic and political context on independent schools
- Restoration of relationships and reengagement with stakeholders across school communities
- Reviving connections with peers from across the CAIS network
The Conference will showcase expert keynotes who will explore issues related to the future of work, the “great resignation,” and the recruitment and retention of faculty, staff and school leaders. Within cohorted strands, Heads and Chairs will have the opportunity to dig deeply into timely topics and move from theory to strategy to tactics over the three days of the conference.
After two years of virtual conferences, it is clear that while online connections have served us well, nothing matches in-person experiences where networks and connections are revived and strengthened, mindsets expanded, and enthusiasm rekindled. Simply put, the program will prioritize time to reconnect, network and renouer avec des amis.
New Heads and New Chairs Dinner & Workshop - October 29 & 30, 2022
Heads & Chairs Conference - October 30 - November 1, 2022
CBC Boarding Meeting - November 1 - 2, 2022
View the most up to date Conference schedule here.
900 Rue De La Gauchetière O,
Montréal, QC H5A 1E4
To book a room: make a reservation online or call 514-878-2332 or toll-free 1-800-267-2575.
Quote CCAISI to get the group rate of $236.00 plus applicable taxes before Thursday, October 6, 2022. Cancellations can be made up to 72 hours before your arrival date to cancel with no penalty. The group rate will be offered two days pre and post Conference, for those that wish to extend their stay.
THANK YOU TO OUR PLANNING COMMITTEE
Mike Wolfe [Conference Chair], Stanstead College
Eric Jabal, West Island College Montreal
Kim McInnes, The Study
Michael O'Connor, St. George's School of Montréal
Shawn O’Donnell, The Sacred Heart School of Montreal
View our FAQs below and stay tuned for more Conference details to be posted soon.
Please contact Shannon at email@example.com if you have any questions.
We look forward to seeing you in October in Montreal!
- What is the process for paying for my registration to attend?
- What COVID protocols will be in place?
- What are the Cohorted Strand Sessions?
- Can you provide more details on the Well-being and Social Activities?
- Why do the Conference dates overlap with Hallowe'en?
- What is being planned for new Heads and Chairs?
- Is it possible to bring a companion?
- Who do I contact if I have accessibility requirements?
- What does CBC stand for, and what is it?
- What is the CBC Boarding Meeting, and who can attend?
The National Conference provides Heads and Chairs with the opportunity to:
- Listen to visionary speakers about significant issues focused on the selected conference theme
- Listen to speakers about educational issues, as well as national and international trends
- Engage in discussions around the theme and/or school improvement
- Attend the Annual General Meeting
- Be inspired and re-energized
- Enjoy a new area of Canada
- Spend time with Heads and Chairs all together; Heads and Chairs in separate groups; and individual school Heads and Chairs
- Network with colleagues from across the country
An important benefit of membership in our national organization is participating in the annual Heads and Chairs Conference. Heads of School and the Chairs of their Boards are expected to attend the annual Heads and Chairs Conference during which the CAIS Annual General Meeting is held.
If a Head is not able to attend, the CAIS Executive Director must be contacted prior to the conference.
Outgoing Chairs may choose to send an incoming Chair in their place if they are in a transition year.
Given that participation is an expectation of membership, the invoice for the annual CAIS membership fee will include conference registration fees for the Head and Board Chair.
Who Should Attend?
- All Heads of School, Board Chairs and their spouses/partners that are members of CAIS;
- Heads of Schools and Board Chairs that are interested in becoming members of CAIS are invited to attend one conference;
- Executive Directors from aligned associations are invited by the CAIS Executive Director;
- Corporate sponsors and exhibitors that are strategically aligned with CAIS` vision and mission are invited to certain sections.
Visit our Sponsor a CAIS event page for more information. If you are interested in becoming involved, please contact:
- (905) 684 5658