The 2019 National Leaders Post Conference Call for Workshop Proposals are open until December 7. Apply here.
Other Conferences & Resources
CAIS schools are leaders in education. Many of our schools develop programs for educators, and we encourage you to check out these world-class opportunities in our sections below.
Aditionally, from time to time, CAIS promotes Professional Development opportunities led by credible organizations with missions and values that are aligned with CAIS.
- (905) 684 5658
CAIS School Conference & PD Opportunities
CAIS schools are leaders in education. Many schools develop programs for educators, and we encourage you to check out these world-class opportunities.
Celebrate Canadian School Counselling Week
Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association
February 4-8, 2019
A week to recognize the contributions of the School Counselling Profession to the personal, social, educational and career development, and the mental health and wellbeing, of all students in Canada.
View the webpage here.
Flourish: The Positive Education Conference
June 16th & June 17th, 2019
Ridley College, St. Catharines, Ontario
Learn. Connect. Be Inspired.
Flourish will be a unique gathering of educators from across North America and Europe. This event will serve as an exciting opportunity to advance the understanding of Positive Education, to share promising practices and to connect to a global movement dedicated to wellbeing and achievement.
- Please click here to read more about our dynamic speakers and our opening night reception for this inaugural conference.
- We are honoured to be hosting speakers from Australia, Mexico, the United States and across Canada, while welcoming delegates from around the world. We are looking forward to one and a half days of learning, networking and professional growth.
- The conference is aimed at JK-Higher Education educators who are interested in the science of Positive Psychology and its manifestation and application in school communities. Social emotional learning, resilience training, wellbeing, relational learning and the impact on learning and student achievement are at the heart of positive education. If your school is pursuing these topics, please consider attending Flourish: Positive Education Conference
- A pre- & post- conference learning opportunity is available thanks to our partners at The Flourishing Center.
Click here to learn more about The Positive Education Certification, a 5 day training institute offered onsite at Ridley College.
- Please share with your colleagues and encourage them to register as soon as possible. Hotel rooms are reserved, but are limited.
We look forward to hosting you for this unique learning experience this June!
AOGPE Orton-Gillingham Training Course (Associate Level):
Registration is currently open for the Fraser Academy Summer 2019 AOGPE Orton-Gillingham Training Course (Associate Level). Colleen Chow and Ellen O'Brien, AOGPE Fellows-in-Training, instruct this course.We encourage early registration as course space is limited.
Summer 2019 Associate Coursework Dates
The OG Tutor Training Associate Coursework is comprised of 3 modules, for a total of 9 sessions.
Dates: Weekdays, July 2-12, 2019
Time: 8:00am - 5:15 pm; final Friday ends at 4:15 pm
Module 1: July 2, 3, 4
Module 2: July 5, 8, 9
Module 3: July 10, 11, 12
Following the successful completion of the Associate Coursework, students may participate in a supervised Associate Practicum leading to a membership at the Associate Level in the Academy of Orton-Gillingham Practitioners and Educators.
Click here for full details.
If you have any questions about this course, please email Erin Kline at email@example.com.
Discussion-Based Learning Symposium:
Exploring the Harkness Philosophy in Our Classrooms
Date & Time:
August 20, 21, 22
9:00 am - 3:00 pm
$600 (plus GST)
*Includes lunch and refreshments each day and all conference materials
2656 160th St, Surrey, BC
Come explore how you can utilize student-centred, discussion-based, collaborative techniques to enhance your educational program and foster the growth of core competencies. You will be introduced to the Harkness philosophy, see how it is utilized in your subject area, and have an opportunity to practice the technique.
You will learn about the Harkness philosophy at Southridge School and hear from educators who are currently researching and using discussion-based learning techniques in their classrooms.
Who might be interested?
- Humanities, Arts, Science, Mathematics, and Modern Languages educators who would like to incorporate discussion-based learning in their classrooms
- Administrators who are interested in student-centred educational practices
- Educational professionals who would like to learn more about the Harkness philosophy
Registration deadline: June 1, 2019
St. Andrew's College annual Canadian Universities' Fair
October 2, 2019
St. Andrew’s College (SAC) will host its 12th Annual Canadian Universities' Fair for students in York Region on Wednesday, October 2 from 4:30-9:00 p.m. Last year more than 950 students gathered information from over 45 universities. We would like to continue this success. Please share this event information with students and parents you think would be interested in learning more about various Canadian universities. Admission and parking are free!
St. Andrew's College
15800 Yonge Street
Aurora, ON L4G 3H7
T. 905-727-3178 ext 240
Regional PD Opportunities
Quebec Association of Independent Schools (QAIS)
QAIS promotes collaboration, provides services that further educational leadership and advocates independent English language education in Quebec on behalf of its member schools.
Independent Schools Association of British Columbia (ISABC)
The purposes of the ISABC are to foster and encourage the establishment and operation of independent schools in BC. In a spirit of collaboration, the Association draws more closely together the Heads of School, school administrators, teachers, and students. The schools engage in collaborative professional development as the basis for enhancing teaching and learning in the schools.
Conference of Independent Schools of Ontario
Mission: To advance educational excellence in our member schools.
CIS Ontario is an association of independent schools working together to support member schools in their missions to prepare students for the 21st Century.