The 2019 National Leaders Post Conference Call for Workshop Proposals are open until December 7. Apply here.
Other Conferences & Resources
CAIS schools are leaders in education. Many of our schools develop programs for educators, and we encourage you to check out these world-class opportunities in our sections below.
Aditionally, from time to time, CAIS promotes Professional Development opportunities led by credible organizations with missions and values that are aligned with CAIS.
- (905) 684 5658
CAIS School Conference & PD Opportunities
CAIS schools are leaders in education. Many schools develop programs for educators, and we encourage you to check out these world-class opportunities.
Art Gallery of Ontario
- Begin and end the day grounded in traditional Anishinaabe protocols with knowledge keeper Kim Wheatley, Shkoden Neegan waawaaskonen (Shawanaga First Nation)
- Learn about and participate in a smudge ceremony (optional) and territorial acknowledgements
- Explore what Indigenizing classrooms, schools and systems might include and how it can be pursued respectfully
- Take part in a private Decolonizing and Indigenizing learning tour of the McLean Centre for Indigenous and Canadian Art with the Art Gallery of Ontario’s Indigenous Education Officer
- Gain whole school and subject specific strategies for weaving Indigenous learning into curricular and co-curricular learning
- Share with other educators best practices for indigenizing and decolonizing school spaces.
Pollyanna Conference 2019
Race, Privilege, and Community
Saturday, November 2, 2019
On Saturday, November 2, 2019, St. Clement’s School will host a full-day exploration of diversity issues focusing on Race, Privilege, and Community.
Open to independent schools from across the region, the conference is dedicated to the in-depth analysis and discussion of issues surrounding diversity, equity, and inclusion in our schools and in our communities.
Learn more here.
Did you know that conversations are a powerful way to connect and engage all stakeholders in your school community?
Join us for a monthly webinar, presented by the Canadian Centre for Brief Coaching and Greenwood College School from October 2019 to June 2020 that will:
- Focus of all aspects of school life including students, teachers, parents and administrators
- Provide direction on how to measure the impact of these conversations
- Learn from other schools and organizations about how they apply Coaching Conversations in their school communities
- Following each webinar we will send out curated questions and comments from our participants.
- Each webinar will be recorded and made available online for those who register for a webinar or the series
View more details here.
Regional PD Opportunities
Quebec Association of Independent Schools (QAIS)
QAIS promotes collaboration, provides services that further educational leadership and advocates independent English language education in Quebec on behalf of its member schools.
Independent Schools Association of British Columbia (ISABC)
The purposes of the ISABC are to foster and encourage the establishment and operation of independent schools in BC. In a spirit of collaboration, the Association draws more closely together the Heads of School, school administrators, teachers, and students. The schools engage in collaborative professional development as the basis for enhancing teaching and learning in the schools.
Conference of Independent Schools of Ontario
Mission: To advance educational excellence in our member schools.
CIS Ontario is an association of independent schools working together to support member schools in their missions to prepare students for the 21st Century.