The 2019 National Leaders Post Conference Call for Workshop Proposals are open until December 7. Apply here.
Pre-Conference Workshop 4
Open the doors to Innovation: Connecting your Plan to School Strategy
Speaker: Gerry De Fazio, NoTosh Inc (Canada)
Date: Saturday, April 6, 2019 from 9:00am to 4:00 pm
Pre-Conference workshops [NEW to this year] – Are focused and hands-on full day workshops (not included in the conference package fee but can be added on upon registration).
Breakfast, beverages and lunch is included for this full day session.
“Plans are useless, but planning is indispensable.” Eisenhower and many others have said this. Strategy is what makes planning a daily activity, and with the right strategy, anyone in a school can take the right action, and take your school somewhere different.This workshop will help you walk away with the start of a plan that connects your role to your school’s strategy. Along the way, you’ll be challenged, tested and entertained in equal measure.
At the end of our session together you’ll be able to answer these key questions:
- What makes your school unique?
- How does strategy help your school’s enrolment management program be proactive and creative?
- How does strategy shape your school’s academic program so that it’s different from your competitor’s, at a time when most schools have similar curricula?
- Do you know how to be a problem finder, and spot the opportunities in your school’s strategy?
- Do you keep out of the operational weeds and see the wider community as creative partners to drive change and turn strategy into reality?
- Does everyone from HR and Facilities, to Comms and the Classroom know how they can stimulate ambitious ideas and help maintain a clear direction for the school?
Gerry De Fazio knows what it means to learn something new every day. With over a decade of experience in the classroom, working with our youngest learners, she realized early on to assume nothing in the classroom. Today she leads strategy and values work in Canada and is behind our Toronto startup office.
Gerry’s experiences in the classroom were a powerful learning curve and inspirited her to dive further into the educating world, a journey that would take her across the globe.
With her appetite for learning and development, Gerry became a Middle Years Programme Coordinator, working to see that both students and teacher got the most out of the opportunities and possibilities within the curriculum, before returning to her Early Years education roots, and taking up the role of Teacher and Learning Primary Years Programme Coordinator.
Originally from Adelaide, Gerry now lives in Toronto where is helping NoTosh shape education through NoTosh Design Thinking across North America. On top of being CEO of NoTosh Inc (Canada), Gerry continues to work in and with schools, and deliver world class IB workshops and professional development sessions for a variety of audiences across the Americas.