Professional Development and Student event statuses are in flux as we respond to the guidance of health officials. View our event updates here.
Spring Leadership Institute
The CAIS Diploma in Independent School Leadership is designed to prepare participants for senior leadership roles in independent schools, particularly for Headships, by providing courses in aspects of independent schools rarely experienced by teachers. It is expected that candidates will discuss participation with their Head of School.
After reviewing the information available from The Public Health Agency of Canada and The World Health Organization, and in consideration of the health and safety of our community and staff, our team has decided to cancel the 2020 CAIS National Leaders Conference and Pre-Conference/ Spring Leadership Institute (LI) on April 4-7, 2020 in Vancouver, BC. We will be holding both Academics and Operations at the 2021 CAIS National Leaders Conference, April 11-13, 2021. The Accreditation and Assessment modules for the Pre-Conference/Spring LI will be held virtually; all registrants will be contacted with more information. Please view the full update here.
We have officially cancelled the Media Training, Leadership for Learning and Facilitator Training modules and look forward to offering them again in the future.
For already registered Pre-Conference/Spring LI participants
We are moving ahead with running the Assessment Leadership and Accreditation Modules online. Please check your email for the full communication and virtual module options form that was sent to registered participants.
Please note that we are not be taking any new registrants at this time.
Assessment Leadership Module
Facilitator: Sandra Herbst, Senior Associate - Connect 2 Learning
- Sunday April 26, 2020: Beginning at 11:00 a.m. PT (2:00 p.m. ET) for 4 hours of class time and 30 - 60 minute wellness break
- Tuesday, April 28, 2020: Beginning at 11:00 a.m. PT (2:00 p.m. ET) for 4 hours of class time and 30 - 60 minute wellness break
- Saturday, May 2, 2020: Beginning at 11:00 a.m. PT (2:00 p.m. ET) for 2 hours.
Facilitator: Catherine McCauley, Director of Accreditation and Research - CAIS
- Monday, April 27, 2020: Beginning at 3:00 p.m. PT / 4:00 p.m. MT / 6:00 p.m. ET for 2 hours of class time
- Friday, May 1, 2020: Beginning at 9:00 a.m. PT / 10:00 a.m. MT / 12:00 p.m. ET for 4 hours of class time and a 30 - 60 minute wellness break
- Saturday, May 2, 2020: Beginning at 9:00 a.m. PT / 10:00 a.m. MT / 12:00 p.m. ET for 4 hours of class time and a 30 - 60 minute wellness break