The 2019 National Leaders Post Conference Call for Workshop Proposals are open until December 7. Apply here.
What is the Heads & Chairs Conference?
The Conference includes workshops for new Heads and new Chairs, notable Guest Speakers, separate sessions for Heads and Chairs, and the CAIS Annual General Meeting. Several other presentations and workshops take place, which vary each year.
The Heads and Chairs Conference offers an excellent opportunity for the most influential people in the Canadian independent school system to gather in one place to learn and share with colleagues.
Members can view past Conference materials in our CAIS Connect member portal here.
2020 Heads & Chairs Conference
Date: October 18-20, 2020
Location: Hotel Bonaventure Montreal
* New Heads and new Board Chairs will be invited to a welcome dinner & workshop sessions. Dates and time to be confirmed.
The National Conference provides Heads and Chairs with the opportunity to:
- Listen to visionary speakers about significant issues focused on the selected conference theme
- Listen to speakers about educational issues, as well as national and international trends
- Engage in discussions around the theme and/or school improvement
- Attend the Annual General Meeting
- Be inspired and re-energized
- Enjoy a new area of Canada
- Spend time with Heads and Chairs all together; Heads and Chairs in separate groups; and individual school Heads and Chairs
- Network with colleagues from across the country
An important benefit of membership in our national organization is participation in the annual conference. Heads and Chairs are required to attend the annual Heads and Chairs Conference during which an Annual General Meeting is held.
If a Head is not able to attend, the Executive Director must be contacted prior to the conference. If a Head is not able to attend two consecutive years, the Board will review his/her school’s membership status.
If a Chair is unable to attend, he/she may appoint another member of their Board to attend.
The Annual membership fee invoice will include registration fees for the Head and Board Chair.
Who Should Attend?
- All Heads of School, Board Chairs and their spouses/partners that are members of CAIS;
- Heads of Schools and Board Chairs that are interested in becoming members of CAIS are invited to attend one conference;
- Executive Directors from aligned associations are invited by the CAIS Executive Director;
- Corporate sponsors and exhibitors that are strategically aligned with CAIS` vision and mission are invited to certain sections.
Visit our Sponsor a CAIS event page for more information. If you are interested in becoming involved, please contact:
- (905) 684 5658