CAIS members can view up to date COVID-19 resources and school samples here.
What is the Heads & Chairs Conference?
The Heads & Chairs Conference offers an excellent opportunity for leaders in the Canadian independent school system to gather in one place to learn and share with colleagues. The theme of this year’s conference is Transcending 2020: Recovering & Reinventing. It will include notable Keynote Speakers, separate sessions for Heads and Chairs, and breakout sessions that deal with timely topics facing independent schools. New to 2020 is that this year's Conference is going virtual.
October 18 & 19, 2020 - 11:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. ET (on both days)
Theme: Transcending 2020: Recovering & Reinventing
Location: The Conference has moved to a virtual venue to ensure that attendees and presenters can participate safely
The National Conference provides Heads and Chairs with the opportunity to:
- Listen to visionary speakers about significant issues focused on the selected conference theme
- Listen to speakers about educational issues, as well as national and international trends
- Engage in discussions around the theme and/or school improvement
- Attend the Annual General Meeting
- Be inspired and re-energized
- Enjoy a new area of Canada
- Spend time with Heads and Chairs all together; Heads and Chairs in separate groups; and individual school Heads and Chairs
- Network with colleagues from across the country
An important benefit of membership in our national organization is participating in the annual Heads and Chairs Conference. Heads of School and the Chairs of their Boards are expected to attend the annual Heads and Chairs Conference during which the CAIS Annual General Meeting is held.
If a Head is not able to attend, the CAIS Executive Director must be contacted prior to the conference.
Outgoing Chairs may choose to send an incoming Chair in their place if they are in a transition year.
Given that participation is an expectation of membership, the invoice for the annual CAIS membership fee will include conference registration fees for the Head and Board Chair.
Who Should Attend?
- All Heads of School, Board Chairs and their spouses/partners that are members of CAIS;
- Heads of Schools and Board Chairs that are interested in becoming members of CAIS are invited to attend one conference;
- Executive Directors from aligned associations are invited by the CAIS Executive Director;
- Corporate sponsors and exhibitors that are strategically aligned with CAIS` vision and mission are invited to certain sections.
Visit our Sponsor a CAIS event page for more information. If you are interested in becoming involved, please contact:
- (905) 684 5658