CAIS Membership Guidelines
All members must meet and continue to meet the following requirements:
1. The Board of Governors is elected and structured to oversee the mission, vision, values, and strategy of the school. The Board hires one Head of School to manage the school’s day-to-day operations. The rest of the school's senior administration reports to the Head of School.
2. School leadership practices ethically in all areas, particularly in human resources, admissions, and advancement.
3. The School demonstrates long-term viability.
4. Heads and Chairs attend the annual conference during which an Annual General Meeting is held.
5. The School meets the National Standards and undergoes an accreditation process every seven years (unless a different cycle is mutually agreed upon by the School and the CAIS Board).
6. The School pays the annual fee.
7. The School submits an Annual Membership Report.
8. The School participates in annual Research Projects, including Benchmarking and Compensation Surveys.
9. The School supports joint projects that are endorsed by the membership at the Annual General Meeting. Specific projects include the following:
- Regular networking/professional development conferences for Junior and Middle School Heads, Development Officers, Business Officers, Assistant Heads, Admissions Officers, and others as approved by the National PD Steering Committee
- Student Leadership Conference - Annual conferences for student leaders
- Leadership Institute - offering training for administrative positions
- Career Opportunities Board on website - for job postings
- Additional research projects: eg. National Tracking Project, Governance Practices, etc.
You can EXPECT THE BEST at CAIS independent schools.