This is the post summary. This post shows elements that can you can choose to display or omit within your own lists (ie - thumbnail, categories, author, date, etc).
The Applicant School Review Process
CAIS contacts the Head of School to arrange a one-day visit by the Applicant School Review Team on a mutually agreed date. The Applicant School Review Team is composed of two CAIS School Heads (one being a CAIS Board member) and a Business Officer.
On the day of the visit, the Applicant School Review Team will ask questions and look for evidence that the school will be able to meet the CAIS National Standards within three years (see sample schedule below).
Following the one-day visit, the Applicant School Review Team submits a report including a recommendation on whether the applicant is ready to become a Candidate. This is put forward to the CAIS Evaluation Council. All information will remain confidential to CAIS and the Applicant School Review Team. The Evaluation Council will review the report and make a recommendation to the CAIS Board of Directors. The CAIS Board of Directors makes all final decisions on applicant acceptance.
Following the CAIS Board meeting, the applicant will receive a letter from the CAIS Executive Director detailing the Board’s decision. The applicant will also receive a summary of the Applicant School Review Team’s report outlining the observed areas of strength and areas for improvement.
Successful applicants will become Candidate Schools. If Candidate Status is not granted, the school will be invited to re-apply in the future.
Please refer to the Membership Application Package for more information.
SAMPLE SCHEDULE - ONE DAY VISIT BY APPLICANT SCHOOL REVIEW TEAM
- 8:00am Breakfast meeting with the Head of School
- 9:00am School tour led by students
- 10:15am Meeting with Director of Finance/Classroom visits
- 11:00am Meeting with Director of Admissions/Classroom visits
- 11:30am Meeting with Director of Advancement/Marketing/Communications/Classroom visits
- 12:00pm Lunch with Student Council
- 1:15pm Meet with Academic Leaders (Divisional Principals, Director of Teaching and Learning)
- 2:15pm Meet with the Director of Student Life
- 3:15pm Observe a Senior Leadership Team Meeting
- 6:00pm Meeting with the Head of School and Chair of the Board
- Dinner with Head of School (if time permits)
*Details of schedule to be confirmed with the Head of School when planning the visit.