The 2019 National Leaders Post Conference Call for Workshop Proposals are open until December 7. Apply here.
NAIS COMMISSION ON ACCREDITATION
Currently, CAIS is a member in good standing of the National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS) Commission on Accreditation.
The NAIS Commission on Accreditation is an international authority on independent school accreditation. The primary purpose of the Commission is to provide quality assurance and accountability for the accreditation programs of its state, regional, and international member associations. The Commission establishes and maintains criteria for effective accreditation and conducts formal evaluations of member association accreditation programs. The Commission also examines and assesses the evolving educational environment, and it acts as a catalyst in partnership with associations in navigating significant change, developing innovative practices, and promoting transformative leadership in the accreditation field. Ultimately, the work of the Commission strengthens independent school education and supports the ongoing improvement of individual schools, while enhancing the learning experiences of their students.
The NAIS Commission on Accreditation represents thousands of schools in over 100 countries, and our associations value a peer-review process that is collaborative, reflective, and data-driven; ultimately, our accreditation contributes to meaningful school improvement.
- Association of Colorado Independent Schools (ACIS)
- California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS/CA)
- Canadian Accredited Independent Schools (CAIS/CAN)
- Connecticut Association of Independent Schools (CAIS/CT)
- Council of International Schools (CIS)
- Florida Council of Independent Schools (FCIS)
- Hawaii Association of Independent Schools (HAIS)
- New Jersey Association of Independent Schools (NJAIS)
- New York State Association of Independent Schools (NYSAIS)
- Pennsylvania Association of Independent Schools (PAIS)
- Virginia Association of Independent Schools (VAIS)
- Association of Independent Schools in New England (AISNE)
- Independent Schools Association of the Central States (ISACS)
- Independent Schools Association of the Southwest (ISAS)
- New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC)
- Pacific Northwest Association of Independent Schools (PNAIS)
- Southern Association of Independent Schools (SAIS)
- Southwestern Association of Episcopal Schools (SAES)
- The Association of Independent Maryland & DC Schools (AIMS)
CAIS is the only association in Canada that has voluntarily agreed to abide by the Criteria for Effective Independent School Accreditation Practices including submitting itself to a thorough ten-year evaluation of its accreditation procedures as defined by the Commission. This ten-year evaluation was completed in 2010 with CAIS meeting all criteria.
Association of Accrediting Agencies of Canada
CAIS also abides by the Guidelines for Good Practice by the Association of Accrediting Agencies of Canada.