This is the post summary. This post shows elements that can you can choose to display or omit within your own lists (ie - thumbnail, categories, author, date, etc).
Benefits of Membership
WHY SHOULD SCHOOLS JOIN CAIS?
In Canada, education is under the jurisdiction of the provinces. However, as a national organization, CAIS encourages schools to go beyond the provincial requirements and offer additional programs and opportunities to their students.
Benefits of Membership
Member and Candidate schools have access to all CAIS privileges, including:
- A recognized status assuring adherence to 12 National Standards
- An external peer review process that acts as a catalyst for change
- Continuous whole school improvement
- Watch our Why CAIS Accreditation video
Professional Learning and Career Resources
- National Leaders Conference
- Heads & Chairs Conference
- Leadership Institute including Introduction to Independent School Leadership, Diploma Program, Next Step Program
- Online Leadership Development access, e.g. webinars and learning series
- Job posting on our highly visited Career Board
- Annual and Ad Hoc Research Projects
- School Innovation Grants
- CAIS Connect (member-only resource portal)
- Research surveys (including Benchmarking, Heads Compensation and Senior Leadership Compensation)
Collaboration and Networking Opportunities
- National Networks and sharing of knowledge, e.g. Network Zoom meetings and LinkedIn groups
- National Collaborative Initiatives, e.g. Canadian Boarding Collective
- Volunteer opportunities such as Professional Learning Event planning committees
CAIS Accreditation drives each school to continually strive for excellence, be more intentional in its practices and be accountable to all of its constituents. Our accreditation process aligns with the highest National Standards, guiding schools through a continuous whole school improvement process that combines both an internal self-evaluation and an external peer review.
Meeting with the CAIS Executive Director is the first step towards achieving Candidate Status. Please contact Tracey Nolan, CAIS Executive Assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a meeting.
Become a CAIS Member
This package includes expectations and guidelines for membership as well as application requirements