Crofton House School
Exciting Career Opportunity
Building upon a tradition of academic excellence within a supportive community, we enrich the learning experience of our students to foster self-confidence, resilience, and the creativity to enable each student to reach her unique potential. As an employer we offer an exceptional workplace within a collaborative and supportive team setting. We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits package. We educate girls for life.
Communications Specialist/Web Content Coordinator
As the Communications Specialist you will be responsible for content development and management for the school website, social media, and marketing collateral. As an integral member of the communications team you will help organize and attend school events, take photographs, create videos, write newsletters and blog postings, coordinate various marketing activities, and partner with staff and students, to leverage content into digital/social platforms.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong project and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships with students, staff, parents, and Crofton House Community
- A creative thinker with a flair for writing and story telling
- Strong technical skills and experience working with social media (Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, YouTube, Blogs)
- Comfortable working with Mac computers
- Solid experience developing content for digital and social media (i.e. web video production)
- Flexibility and ability to multi-task and adapt well to change
- Proactive with a strong sense of drive and initiative
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- B.A. or Diploma in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or equivalent
- 2 years experience working in an education or corporate environment or the equivalent (i.e. internship)
- Experience in event management and/or digital publishing an asset
- Good understanding & basic usage of Content Management Systems, InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator an asset
Please submit cover letter and resume as one attachment (MS Word or PDF format) and quote the reference # AD4 in the subject line of your email by August 3, 2012 to:
Director of Human Resources at: firstname.lastname@example.org
We would like to thank all applicants in advance, however we will only contact those selected for an interview.