Southridge School is a university preparatory day school located in south Surrey with 668 students enrolled in Kindergarten to Grade 12. Founded in 1995 and having graduated our first class in 1999, we are a young but well established and very successful school, both academically, ranking consistently in the top ten schools in the province, and financially. Our faculty and staff members have a shared sense of purpose as defined by our vision, mission and guiding principles and strive to make a difference.
As an Advancement Officer, reporting to the Director of Advancement, you’ll have the opportunity to shape our school community by playing a primary role with the implementation, coordination and the delivery of annual fundraising appeals. You will establish and foster strong relationships with our volunteers and will be responsible for the continued development of the volunteer programs. As a fundraising professional you bring a strong understanding of advancement best practices and strategies and look forward to supporting the further development of our philanthropic, fundraising and constituent relations. This position is permanent full-time.
Manage fundraising initiatives by:
- Identifying new opportunities for growth by creating and implementing short- and long-term fundraising strategies and plans for annual giving appeals.
- Overseeing and coordinating all annual giving fundraising appeals including direct mail,e-solicitations and face-to-face.
Assisting with the identification of priority projects for annual giving appeals and prepares all annual campaign materials, including solicitation and acknowledgment letters. Managing donor and prospect relationships; maps out creative and innovative solicitation strategies for all constituencies including parents, grandparents, alumni, alumni parents and employees.
- Assisting with researching and identifying major gift and planned giving prospects.
- Engaging and soliciting existing and prospective donors by mail, by phone, through events and in face-to-face meetings; recommend and implement initiatives to enhance donor retention and acquisition.
Lead volunteer initiatives by:
· Recruiting, training and orienting volunteers to fundraise for the school within our annual giving programs and provide administrative support for their outreach.
· Overseeing the recognition and stewardship of donors and volunteers, including updating and coordinating donor recognition walls and plaques.
· Liaising and developing professional relationships with the parent volunteer committee and support them in their role of identifying, recruiting and placing volunteers.
Being an active and visible member of the school community through participation in school-wide events, including volunteer committee meetings, staff meetings, student performances, awards ceremonies.
· Post-secondary education, preferably in an area related to volunteer management marketing or, public relations
· 3-5 years professional fundraising or volunteer management experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
· CFRE designation is an asset.
· Experience in an independent school environment or non-profit setting preferable.
· Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, verbal and written.
· Detail oriented with strong time management, planning and organizational skills.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Raiser’s Edge.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please send your resume and cover letter, quoting the position and competition number (A0-001) in the subject line of your email, in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 17, 2012.